THREE DAY TRADITIONAL THAI FOOT REFLEXOLOGY
November 4, 5 and 6, 2014
Tues– Thurs: 9:30am to 4pm
Traditional Thai Foot Reflexology by Randi Kofsky, MA, CMT
Teaching Assistant: Apple Duangpatra, BA, CMT
Tuition: $360 (early-bird registration on or before October 31st = $240)
Class size is limited >> REGISTER NOW! or call:415-644-0804
Foot massage is an ancient massage and has been in use for more than 3,000 years. The theory is that the sensory nerves of the body’s inner organs are spread throughout the body and are connected to the most superficial layer of the body such as the skin. All sensory nerves are rooted primarily at the bottom of the foot. Massaging and pressing specific points on the soles of the feet associated with particular organs produces a therapeutic effect in corresponding parts of the body, helps stimulate activities of the inner organs and improves blood and lymph circulation. Massage techniques combine acupressure, lower legs stretching, massage from the feet up (including the knees), and reflexology using massage cream and oil applied with a wooden stick.
This course will focus on traditional Thai foot massage as it is practiced on the street every day in Thailand. You will learn how to use a wooden massage stick and how to apply it to the reflexology points on the foot in a step-by-step 1.0 hour and 1.5 hour sequence. Instruction will use both massage chairs and Thai massage mats.
No prior massage experience is required for this course.
This workshop is for general education and personal development. Instruction hours may not be used to satisfy massage license requirement in California.
ABOUT OUR TEACHER: RANDI KOFSKY, MA, CMT, CAMTC #30631
Randi has over 800 hours of training including advanced certification in a variety of Deep Tissue Techniques and Cranial Sacral Therapy. She studied Foot Massage in Thailand. Randi has been on staff at a variety of spas and health centers including Suchada Traditional Thai Massage, UCSF Recreation Centers and The Women’s Health Resource Center at California Pacific Medical Center. She has taught workshops and served as a Teaching Assistant to Master Bodywork Instructors in the Bay Area.
- Practicing since 2005: Thai Bodywork, Deep Tissue Massage Therapy, and Japanese Shiatsu
- Studied massage at SF School of Massage and Chiang Mai at the Old Medicine Hospital, ITM, (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
- Studied at Milne Institute, Alive & Well Inst, SFSU, NYU
- Bodyworker/therapist: Suchada, Magnolia Wellness Center, Women’s Health Resource Center, SF Sch. of Massage.
- In private practice Innerwavebodywork, San Francisco, CA
Teaching Assistant: Pratapjai (Apple) Duangpatra, BA, CMT, CAMTC #21163
- Practicing since 2005: Traditional Thai Massage, Advanced Thai Medical Massage, Thai Herbal Massage/women Health Care, Thai Foot Reflexology, Swedish massage, Shiatsu massage, Deep Tissue & Maofascial, Trigger Point Release, TMJ
- Studied massage at SF School of Massage and Wat Po School of Massage, Bangkok, Thailand
Class size is limited >> REGISTER NOW!