April 5th – April 21th, 2016
Tues– Thurs: 9:30am to 4pm
(4/5, 4/6, 4/7, 4/12, 4/13, 4/14, 4/19, 4/20, 4/21)
Nuad Bo-Rarn by Tim Holt, CMT, RTT
Teaching Assistants: Apple Duangpatra
Tuition: $720 (early-bird registration on or before March 1st/2015 = $600)
Class size is limited >> REGISTER NOW! Or Call: 415-644-0804 (direct line)
Traditional Thai bodywork is an act of meditation for both giver and receiver. With roots deep within India’s Ayurvedic traditions it is the manual therapy of traditional Thai medicine. Developed over 2000 years of continuous practice it is a growing and evolving form of healing touch; it incorporates traditional Hatha Yoga stretches and is part of the Metta meditation of Thai Buddhism. Deeply therapeutic Thai bodywork is known to be both challenging and intimate. An average two-hour treatment is very interactive. It is beneficial for active people or those with sedentary lifestyles.
In this floor-based bodywork students learn to apply pressure along a series of energy lines called Sen Lines, as well as how to apply stretches and mobilizations to the entire body.
Instruction will include technique and theory. Sequences in supine, prone, side-lying, and sitting positions will be taught and practiced. There are energy holds, blood flow restrictions, visceral palpation, and techniques that put this form of bodywork in the therapeutic category. You will learn a Thai Massage sequence that is more than two-hours long. Our workshop will deepen your existing skills and introduce you to this beautiful and powerful hands-on healing art that is becoming so internationally popular.
This workshop is for general education and personal development. Instruction hours may not be used to satisfy massage license requirement in California.
ABOUT OUR MASTER TEACHER: TIM HOLT, CMT, RTT, CAMTC #30631
• Practicing since 1990: Thai Bodywork, Deep Tissue Massage Therapy, and Japanese Shiatsu
• Studied at Chiang Mai at the Old Medicine Hospital, ITM, and with Pichest Boonethumme
• Studied at Wat Po, Bangkok
• Teaches pure form of Thai Bodywork as it is practiced in Thailand by therapists; long form in Chaing Mai Style.
• Integrates with basic Hatha Yoga & floor exercises
• In private practice Tim Holt Bodywork, Sebastopol, CA
Pratapjai (Apple) Duangpatra, BA, CMT, CAMTC #21163
• Practicing massage since 2005: Traditional Thai Massage, Advanced Thai Medical
Massage, Thai Herbal Massage/Women Health Care, Thai Foot Reflexology,
Swedish Massage, Shiatsu massage, Deep Tissue & Maofascial, Trigger Point
• Studied at SF SF School. of Massage and Wat Po School
of Massage (Bangkok, Thailand)
• Principle Suchada Thai Massage
Class size is limited >> REGISTER NOW!